Breakdown cover – regardless of what type of cover (Car breakdown, Boiler Cover/Breakdown…) usually doesn’t start immediately, there’s good reason for this – breakdown companies don’t actually want to come out to you! Hometree is a new and emerging company that will protect your home IMMEDIATELY!
For Boiler, Heating and electric cover – try new company Hometree
I mean, they will come out and fix the problem that you paid for – but the second you call in the troops to come and help you – it is a cost to their business, which is why, MOST companies won’t come out and put you on cover immediately – that’s what you pay them for, sure – but breakdown cover – traditionally, is based on the probability that you won’t need it/them – a bit like insurance.
A lot of people don’t take up breakdown cover for one of a number of reasons:
- Not seeing the benefit
- The perception that it costs too much
- Not having the money
- Never getting around to it
so lets address each of these.
- Not seeing the benefit – ‘by having the cover, it won’t actually help’. Breakdown cover is normally in place for things that we use on a daily basis or on something which is of great value to the individual, like a car or boiler. If you don’t have a car – what would you do? if you don’t have a boiler – what would you do? Have you got a plan B? If the answer to this is ‘Yes’ – then brilliant! if your car breaks down and you know you can use another straight away – then fantastic! If you haven’t got a plan B or – don’t mind spending lots of money – then you’re very lucky. When the boiler, heating or Electrics go in the home, it’s far easier to make one phone call and get the professionals come to the rescue then trying to sort it yourself. Remember, the heating isn’t just the radiators, it’s also the hot water too.
- The perception that it costs too much – in the above paragraph I said ‘Don’t mind spending lots of money’ because call out charges are usually, relatively, costly. For example, the average call out for someone to come and pick you up from the motorway and take you to a garage or back home is a minimum £150 (Highway Agency) and that’s before you pay for the parts. Breakdown cover is usually lower than that. Likewise – if your boiler breaks down, to get a plumber around, the average call out fee is £40 (www.homeadviceguide.com/plumbing-prices-and-costs/) and that’s just to look at the problem, at an average hourly fee of £40 per hour plus parts – it can quickly become very expensive. So – the cost for cover – is, significantly cheaper IF you need it. Click here and check out Hometree’s policy and get a quote, it won’t harm to have a look. according to The Guardian (www.theguardian.com/money/2015/jan/17/hire-lease-buy-boiler) They reckon the average cost of a replacement boiler and installation is £2000 that’s would get you the equivalent of 8.2 years worth of cover! (If you took out Hometree’s full package). According to The Sun (www.thesun.co.uk/money/4710257/boiler-repairs-cost-get-for-free) They think the average cost of a repair is £182, each time. So, you only need to call someone out twice in one year for Hometree to become greater value.
- Not having the money – this is a tricky one, some people genuinely, don’t have the money, but for the majority, money can be found. For example, the full package from Hometree for the year is £243.00 – this will cover:
Annual Boiler Service
A yearly visit to check your boiler and central heating are safe and in good working order. If your boiler is under manufacturer warranty, their annual service will ensure it’s kept valid.
Boiler and Controls
They’ll make sure your boiler is back up and running smoothly with all parts and labour included. This includes any issues with any thermostats, programmers, valves or pumps.
Wider Central Heating
To make sure you are never left in the cold they will cover any radiators, cylinders, or valves that need repairing.
From burst pipes, a broken toilet, to a leaking stopcock, their team of plumbers will be on hand to get your home up and running again in no time.
Our experts will act quickly to fix blocked drains or blocked toilets to keep home feeling like home.
Their qualified electricians will sort out a broken fuse box or any light switches, sockets or fans to keep things running smoothly.
- Never getting around to it – Some people will like the idea of having peace of mind and can afford it – they justdont get cover because they never quite get around to it. This is a huge problem and is the reason why a lot of us never get around to sorting our insurance, renewing and updating life policies…so on and so forth, the answer to this is simple…JUST DO IT! Grab your laptop or phone and do it. Once it’s done, it’s done, usually setting up cover for policies doesn’t take anywhere near as long as people think.
You have to ask yourself – how can I find £243? This equates to 67p a day. Could you find 67p a day? If you are someone who genuinely thinks that the cost is too expensive – that’s where I get involved! Download the Money Guy App and upload your bills and schedules to me. I’ll take a look and see if I can find a cheaper alternative – we can also look at spending patterns and behaviours and see if I can help find this money for you.
Hometree is a 5* Trust Pilot rated company, who will get you on cover IMMEDIATELY!
If you’d like a quote today – just click here and see what they can save you!